Endocrinology is a science that studies the functions of the endocrine glands and diseases of the endocrine system. The glands of the endocrine system are the organs that control the synthesis, activity and secretion of hormones. Endocrinology also deals with the metabolism, decrease and increase of hormones. Enviromental changes, heredity, sedentary lifestyle, malnutrition, stress and various adverse factors can often lead to the development of diabetes, thyroid, ovarian and pituitary diseases by disrupting the activity of the endocrine glands.
As endocrine diseases are complex and require long-term treatment, it is important to detect them as soon as possible, prevent them in time, and prevent them from developing.
Endocrine glands include:
• thyroid gland
• parathyroid gland
• endocrine pancreas
• hypothalamic-pituitary system (hypothalamus, pituitary gland)
Endocrine symptoms diseases:
• Overweight or underweight, short-term weight gain or loss for unknown reasons
• Feeling of tightness in the neck, difficulty with swallowing and breathing
• Heart palpitations and arrhythmias, hand tremors, internal tremors, emotional disorders, constipation, facial swelling
• Dry eyes, watery eyes, puffiness, noticeable swelling on the front of the neck
• Dry mouth, thirst, increased fluid intake, frequent urination
• Weakness, fatigue, drowsiness, memory loss, frequent headaches, changes in the nature of previous headaches
• Acute visual impairment
•Menstrual disorders, mammary gland secretions, infertility, miscarriage
• Hair loss, baldness, persistent acne on the face
It is also recommended to consult an endocrinologist in people whose close relatives have been diagnosed with thyroid disease or diabetes, as well as in women who are planning a pregnancy or in early pregnancy. Even if there are no complaints, after the age of 35 it is important to regularly check the thyroid gland and determine the amount of blood sugar once a year. It is also recommended that menopausal women and men over the age of 55 be tested for osteoporosis.
It is carried out on an outpatient basis:
• Complex endocrinology examination
• Correction of conditions that lead to the development of diabetes
• Treatment of patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, examination and treatment of diabetes complications
• Examination and treatment of thyroid, adrenal, paratoid and pituitary glands